BIM/Design Technology Manager
A role for an experienced BIM/Design Technology Manger has become available at our practice in Alexandria. The full-time role will provide general day to day BIM support and work to actively improve quality and efficiency in project delivery processes.
You will also manage the workflow and performance of the following roles reporting directly to BIM/Design Technology Manager:
• Model Managers
• 3D Artists
• Model Maker
• Project support including BIM implementation planning, team kick-off, project setup and technology configuration.
• Manage software product subscriptions and licensing. (Revit, 3dsmax, Enscape, rhino, etc)
• Liaise with various software vendors and external technical support.
• Roll‐out and management of design/BIM software
• Evaluate and implement new applications, product updates and releases where required.
• Work closely with IT and Chief Operating Officer to ensure adequacy of hardware and software.
• Liaise with project consultants to ensure consistencies in platforms and technical requirements.
• Consistency of office BIM standards.
• Attendance and representation at industry events.
• Evaluate staff skillsets.
• Provide orientation and training to all staff on software and office standards.
• Attend Team Leaders meetings.
• Creation and customization of Revit/BIM content.
• Bespoke project content.
• Developing new workflows and methodologies.
• Acquiring / developing new applications to assist workflow.
• Conduct training and provide support/advice.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
• Architectural background.
• Highly proficient in Revit and Autodesk products and services such as BIM Collaborate (BIM 360) with a minimum of 5 years of professional project use in an Architecture practice.
• Previous experience in a similar role.
• Experienced with the Revit conceptual massing tool.
• Dynamo / scripting experience preferred.
• Enscape experience preferred.
• Rhino experience preferred.
• Grasshopper experience preferred.
• Previous experience working on multi residential, commercial and infrastructure projects with multiple stakeholders.
• Excellent communication skills.
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, the BIM/Design Technology Manager is the Project Teams go-to person for modelling knowledge, documentation, verification and collaboration. This is a role for someone passionate about Architecture, Design and Technology and who is wanting to take ownership of their work and team.
We have been operating for over 20 years as a successful practice with the focus on getting great buildings built: we apply our experience in design and documentation to each project we undertake, whilst striving to introduce innovation and new concepts to continually invigorate our work. This approach creates a unique quality for each project and encourages continual growth in the Studio. We see the BIM/Design Technology Manager role as vital to our team and if you believe that you possess the above qualities and would like to join a creative, collaborative and innovative team then please submit your CV along with your folio with BIM/Design Technology Manager in the header.
Remuneration will be awarded based on experience.